Upon completion of Sunday School, all teens from 8th grade to 12th grade begin MYO, where they will continue to expand their knowledge on their faith, but additionally take the knowledge they learn and view it in real world settings.
From meeting spiritual leaders in the community to volunteering at local organizations, NAMY helps its members see how their faith can be used to better the world and live out God’s message. By completing these activities together, members are able to foster friendships with their fellow MYO members, and through this, they develop companions with which they can practice and strengthen their faith.
The purpose of the Organization:
- To enjoin upon its membership a complete devotion to the Christian Faith and the Melkite tradition, discipline, and worship.
- To deepen the spiritual lives of its membership through frequent individual participation in the Sacraments of Penance and Holy Communion.
- To promote friendship among its members.
- To encourage regular church attendance and participation.
- To coordinate and direct MYO activities and programs.
- To promote the activities of the MYO through a well-planned program of public relations.
- To participate actively in a program of Christian fellowship, especially with youth of other Eastern Christian Organizations.
- To develop the physical well-being of its membership through MYO sponsored inter-church athletic activities.
- To promote and sponsor a complete program of parish involvement.